During our current Mayors first term, Deltona has been plagued by reckless development, increasing traffic, strained budgets, and frustrated city staff. To make matters worse, the Mayor has continued to ignore the residents by continuing to steer our City in the WRONG direction. She has shown hostility towards local businesses, and has supported unconstitutional ordinances.
It is time for a new generation of leadership!
What is Avila’s vision for the future of our city:
- Putting Deltona 1st
- Work extremely hard to make a Downtown Deltona a Possibility
- Delivering Better Government by focusing on Transparency
- Promoting Vibrant Neighborhoods, Ensuring Public Safety
- Facilitating Civic Engagement
- Growing Deltona’s Economy by helping to Bring Higher Paying Jobs and getting Government out of the way
- Enhancing Green Spaces and Recreation
- Making sure we have BETTER Water Quality
- Fighting for a Focus on our Youth and our Special Needs Community
- Building Partnerships with Federal, State, and County leaders in both parties.
But we can’t do that by going back to the leaders and ideas of the past. We must change the decisions and the direction we are heading by changing the people who are making the decisions and steering us in the wrong direction. It is time to move our city forward. It is time for a new generation of leadership! This is why Avila is running for Mayor of Deltona!